Choosing a good maternity hospital or nursing home for the birth of your first-born baby is no easy task. There are many things that must be kept in mind, such as the distance of the hospital to your home, charges, amenities offered, quality of health care professionals, etc. All you want is a maternity hospital that would meet all your needs and fit your budget. However, to be able to find one such nursing home is a daunting task. To make your task easy, we have shortlisted the five most important facilities that a maternity hospital must have to give you and your child the best possible care.
- If the facility has a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)? – A premature or a sick baby will need specialized medical care. To manage such a condition, there must be a neonatal intensive care unit in the hospital, which is well equipped with modern and innovative technological equipment such as incubators, feeding tubes, phototherapy lights, respiratory and cardiac monitors. The medical staff must possess the experience and expertise at handling new-borns who are in a critical condition.
- What is the level of cleanliness in the hospital? – Visit the hospital to check the level of hygiene before you book it. This will help you know if the hospital rooms, equipment’s and washrooms are kept clean and well maintained. Check to see if the linen is changed regularly, if the hospital food is of good quality, if the food preparation is done in a hygienic environment, if the rooms are cleaned daily and if the medical equipment’s are sterilized after each use. Also, check if the washrooms are washed and cleaned daily. A dirty bathroom possess a huge risk of infection. Check if the mother specialist in Hyderabad and medical personnel sanitize their hands before treating a new patient. If the mother’s hospital meets all these hygiene standards, you will feel at ease to get your delivery done there.
- Presence of ambulance service – Make sure the mother’s hospital you choose has an ambulance service. An ambulance that is available 24 * 7 is vital in case of an emergency, which requires you to get shifted to another hospital for delivery.
- Power backup – Some hospitals have power cut problems frequently. Check if the nursing home has 100% power backup. When there is a power cut, not only do the lifts, fans, and lights stop working, but also the incubator stops running. Many medicines need to be stored in the refrigerator too. Also, make sure that the hospital has round a clock water supply.
- Access to a blood bank – It is essential for a maternity hospital to have access to a blood bank. Mothers who bleed profusely after giving birth need immediate blood transfusions. Also, make sure that the hospital’s blood bank has the availability of your blood group. Make sure that the needles are unwrapped from their packaging, opened in your presence, and destroyed after use.
We hope the above factors will help you find the best maternity hospitals in Hyderabad.